My friend Fraser Doherty has recently released his second book ‘SuperBusiness’.
His first book was a collection of the ‘SuperJam‘ recipes than made him the youngest ever supplier to a major supermarket chain.
Fraser developed a fantastic unique product (jam without sugar) and has an amazing story (starting at 14 years old in his parents kitchen with his gran’s jam recipes and building a worldwide business).
In SuperBusiness he provides 10 really great tips for coming up with your ‘Super Idea’:
- Take time out
- Pick a theme that interests you
- Find as many problems to do with that theme as you can
- Take note of everything annoying in your daily life
- Be interested in everything – inspiration can come from anywhere
- Research your Market and ask questions
- Look at boring industries dominated by a few big, old companies
- Learn about and visit companies that inspire you
- Find out about what’s taking off in other countries
- Check out sites like springwise.com to find out about new business ideas
Coming soon – a blog about Fraser’s attitude to branding – it’s inspired!